SmartPorts Project CB239 - EU Interreg Central Baltic project
- Project title: Modern and attractive small ports network through cross-border interactive information system, joint marketing and improved port services (SmartPorts)
- Project duration: 01.10.2015 – 30.09.2017.
- Project budget: 1 468 657.60 EUR, ERDF funding 1 225 259.96 EUR
SmartPorts project results were:
During the SmartPorts project the ports have improved quality of their services by investing in safety- and environment equipment and port technology.
A modern ICT solution to integrate region’s small port network has been launched https://marinamia.eu/marina/detail/15.
Ports have made investments in marketing tools and activities to double the number of visitors by the sea in 2020.
SmartPorts project resulted in:
Improvement in level of services in 16 ports, in 4 countries (services were harmonized) by end of 2017, increased in number of foreign visitors by the sea (doubled by 2020), increased in length of stay of foreign visitors by the sea (doubled by 2020).
Project partners from Latvia:
- Riga Planning Region
- Kurzeme Planning Region
- Jūrmala Port Authority
- Mērsrags Port Authority
- Skulte Port Authority
- Salacgrīva Port Authority
- Pāvilosta Port Authority
Project partners from Estonia:
- Estonian Small Harbour Development Centre (Eesti Väikesadamate Arenduskeskus)
- Port of Purtse
- Port of Kärdla
- Kalev Yacht Club (Tallinn)
- Port of Lõunaranna
- Port of Kõiguste
Project partner from Finland:
Project partner from Sweden:
- Archipelago Foundation (Stockholm County)